Caesalpinia Bonducella generally generally known as Bonduc nut, Fever nut or Grey nicker is a big, thorny, straggling, shrub belonging to the plant household Fabaceae or Leguminosae (Pea household). The plant is native to hotter locations in India, Sri Lanka and Burma. Few of the favored widespread names of the crops are Bonduc nut, Fever nut, Grey nicker, Grey nicker bean, Gray nicker bean, Guilandina seed, Molucca nut, Nicker nut, Physic nut, Fever nut, Physic nut, Sea pearl, Wait-a-while, Yellow nicker, Cassie, Cockspur, Grey Nickarnut, Grey Nickel, Grey Nickerbean, Guilandina Seed, Indian Nut, Mysore Thorn, Sea Pod, Divi-divi, seashore nicker, grey nickers, nicker bean and wait-a-bit.
C. bonducella is utilized by conventional Siddha physicians in Malabar areas for psoriasis remedy and additionally finds use within the conventional drugs system of Pakistan. Seeds are gray coloured and resemble eyeballs, which explains the Sanskrit identify kuberakshi, which means eyes of Kubera, the Hindu god of wealth. It has additionally been referred to as vajrabijaka which suggests its diamond-like exhausting nature. Bark of the tree has been described as a purgative and advisable as a remedy for disturbed kapha and vata, gynecological issues, pores and skin illnesses, constipation, stomach distension, piles and ulcers.
Fever Nut is a big, thorny, straggling, shrub that grows as much as 15 m tall. The plant is discovered rising in dry Evergreen, dry and moist deciduous forests, sacred groves, coastal areas, inland forests, and secondary forests. Principally the plant succeeds in any reasonably fertile, well-drained soil. A vine stem diameter is about to five cm. The plant usually grows as a vine but in addition flowers and fruits as shrub. Occasional spines or quite a few spines are current on the stems. Blaze odor resembles that of recent inexperienced beans. Pith is white, fairly bigger in diameter.
Leaves are with giant, leafy, branched, baal appendages, 30-60 cm lengthy, petioles stipules a pair of lowered pinnae-bipinnate, giant stipules a pair of decreased pinnae on the base of the leaf every furnished with an extended mucronate level. Pinnae is 6-Eight pairs, 5-7.5 cm lengthy with a pair of hook stipulary spines on the base, foremost leaf axis armed with stout, sharp, recurved spines, divided into Four-Eight pairs of secondary branches.
Leaflets is 6-9 pairs, 2-Three.Eight cm lengthy and 1.Three-2.2 cm broad, membranous, elliptic-oblong, obtuse, emarginated or retuse, strongly mucronate, glabrous above, kind of puberulous beneath. Petioloules are brief, stipels of brief hooked spines. Leaflets blades are about 18-75 mm lengthy and 12-40 mm extensive. Leaflet stalks about 1-2 mm lengthy. Higher and decrease leaflets blade surfaces clothed in pale golden hairs. Stipules are foliaceous, about Eight-10 mm lengthy and Eight-30 mm extensive consisting of three to 5 divisions analogous to leaflets. Twigs armed with straight and recurved spines. Underside of the compound leaf main axes and secondary axes armed with recurved spines.
Flowers happen in dense lengthy peduncled, terminal and supra axillary racemes dense on the prime, looser downward about 15-25 cm lengthy. Pedicels are very brief in buds, elongating to five mm in flower and Eight mm in fruits, brows-downy. A bract is squarrose, linear, acute, reaching 1 cm lengthy, fulvous hair. Calyx is 6-Eight mm lengthy, fulvous and bushy. Lobes are obovate-oblong, obtuse. Petals are about 10-12 mm lengthy, oblanceolate, yellow, filaments declinate, flattened on the base, clothed with lengthy white silky hairs. Ovary is on a stalk about 1 mm lengthy, 2 ovules.
Fruit is inflated pods armed with inflexible spines. Pods are shortly stalked, rectangular, 5-7.5 lengthy and Four.5 cm large densely armed with wiry prickles. About 1-2 seeds are current per pods.
Seed coat is tough, shiny and greenish to ash gray in shade and is traversed by round and vertical faint markings of the cracks, forming uniform rectangular to squarish rectulations everywhere in the floor. Seeds are 1-2, rectangular, lead coloured, 1-Three cm lengthy. In dry seed, kernels get indifferent from the testa. Testa is about 1-11.25 mm in thickness and consists of three distinct layers, the outermost is skinny and brittle, the center one is broad, fibrous and darkish brown and the inside most is white and papery. Seed is exalbuminous. The kernel floor is furrowed and ridged, arduous, pale yellowish, white round to oval, flattened and about 1.23 – 1.75 cm in diameter. Style is bitter and odor is nauseating and disagreeable.
Following botanical characters have been described for this plant
|Roots||Deep roots, faucet roots|
|Sort of stem||Exhausting and woody|
|Leaf sort||Bi-pinnately compound, elliptical, ovate formed|
Conventional makes use of and benefits of Fever Nut
- It’s helpful in countering Fever, Malarial Fever, and Intermittent Fever.
- Paste created from the leaves and twigs is beneficial in decreasing toothache.
- Boiled leaves are used for gargling to alleviate sore throat.
- It cures Sweating Deficiency and curbs Physique Odor.
- Its juice is environment friendly in easing Elephantiasis.
- It’s advantageous in combating Smallpox.
- It’s fruitful in controlling Diabetes.
- It stops the expansion of Tumors.
- It’s a good natural treatment for Liver Issues.
- It retains a examine on the Spleen issues.
- Seeds of this herb have astringent properties.
- It’s used to alleviate irritation, pores and skin illnesses, hydrocele, colic, and leprosy.
- Fruit of this tree is beneficial for eliminating Piles, Wounds, leucorrhoea and Urinary issues.
- Caesalpinia Bonduc counters the Intestinal worms. It relieves Colitis i.e. irritation of the Giant Gut. It eases the situation in Colic ache.
- Antidiarrheal exercise of Caesalpinia Bonduc cures Diarrhea and Unfastened Motions.
- It’s useful in treating Menopause troubles specifically, intermittent menses or no menses. It calms the stomach ache through the Menopause.
- It’s a good natural remedy for pores and skin troubles specifically leprosy, leucoderma, boils, blisters, and wounds.
- It’s useful in mitigating arthritis and arthralgia i.e. Joint Ache.
- Root bark is used to deal with fever, intestinal worms, tumors, amenorrhea, cough and for eradicating the placenta after childbirth.
- Leaves and their juice are used equally and additionally historically for elephantiasis and smallpox, issues of the liver and to destroy perspiration odor.
- In Sri Lanka, they’re utilized for toothache.
- Seeds are astringent and have been used to regulate contagious illnesses, deal with irritation, colic, hydrocoele, pores and skin illnesses and leprosy.
- An ointment is made out of the powdered seeds with castor oil and utilized externally in Madras.
- Seed sprouts have been used for tumors.
- Fruit can also be used to deal with urinary issues, leucorrhoea, piles and wounds.
- Oil from the fruit is utilized to indolent ulcers and the oil from the seeds is utilized in convulsions and paralysis.
- Crushed seeds are thought-about vesicant and the boiled leaves used as a gargle for sore throat in Guinea.
- Leaves and seeds, after roasting with castor oil, are utilized externally to inflammatory swellings, particularly to infected piles, hydrocele, and orchitis.
- Seeds, leaves and roots are used for the remedy of tachycardia, bradycardia, tuberculosis, tympanitis, ache within the stomach, fever, chilly and cough and liver fluke in ruminants.
- Tender leaves (recent juice) are given together with the honey to thrust back the mucous secretions.
- Pores and skin of the seed is extraordinarily useful within the remedy of leucorrhea.
- Juice extract of the leaves are utilized in controlling elephantiasis and smallpox.
- Oil from the seeds is used to deal with rheumatism in Somalia.
- Seeds are additionally helpful for swellings and restraining hemorrhage.
- Oil from the seeds is utilized in convulsions and paralysis.
- Seeds are floor in water and given internally in snakebite.
- Decoction of roasted kernels is utilized in bronchial asthma.
- Youngsters who’re unable to digest mom’s milk are given the extract of the kernel or its powder together with ginger, salt and honey to get good stomachic impact.
- Paste ready from kernel provides aid from boils and different swellings.
- Cake made from 30 grains of powdered kernels, fried in ghee taken twice a day is a useful treatment in instances of acute orchitis, ovaritis and scrofula.
- Root-bark is sweet for tumors and for eradicating the placenta after youngster delivery.
- Flowers are utilized in treating ascites and fruits in treating urinary issues, leucorrhoea, piles and wounds.
- Leaf and twigs are historically used within the remedy of tumors, irritation and liver issues.
- Leaf juice has been used historically in elephantiasis and smallpox.
- Kernel powder with sugar and goat milk is beneficial in liver dysfunction.
- Younger leaves are utilized in intermittent fevers, and for expelling intestinal worms in Malaysia.
- They’re utilized for toothache, and they’re additionally given for worms in youngsters in Ceylon.
- Finely powdered leaves are prescribed as a uterine tonic after baby delivery.
- Burnt seeds with alum and burnt arecan not are an excellent dentifrice helpful in spongy gums, gum boils, and so on.
- Roasted fruits are utilized in eye illnesses, hyper-acidity and as fish poison.
- Pulp of the pod is used for purifying the blood, in congestion and as a laxative in Hawaii Islands.
- Recent fruit powder with garlic and combined with lukewarm water is rubbed on the physique to mitigate fever in Philippines.
- Seeds, leaves and roots are used for the remedy of tachycardia, bradycardia, tuberculosis, and tympanitis, ache within the stomach, fever, chilly and cough and liver fluke in ruminants.
Ayurvedic Health benefits of Fever Nut
- Diabetes: Crack a Caesalpinia Bonduc seed. Extract the kernel. Soak the Bonduc nut at night time. Eat it within the morning. Drink the water additionally. Repeat for 15 days. Get your blood sugar checked.
- Ascites: Put together decoction of Caesalpinia Bonduc Flower. Have a glass when wanted.
- Ulcers: Take Caesalpinia Bonduc Root bark. Grind. Add water to make paste. Apply over ulcers.
- Scrofula: Dry Caesalpinia Bonduc Kernel. Grind. Fry in Clarified Butter. Apply it over affected space.
- Abscess: Grind Caesalpinia Bonduc kernel. Add water to make paste. Apply it over affected half. Do it twice a day.
- Bronchial asthma: Roast Caesalpinia Bonduc kernel. Put together decoction with roasted kernel. Have half a cup as soon as a day.
- Liver Illnesses: Powder Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Have 2 pinches with a glass of Goat milk.
- Paralysis: Extract or buy Caesalpinia Bonduc seed oil. Therapeutic massage with this lukewarm oil for 10 minutes at night time.
- Leprosy: Crush Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Add water to make paste. Apply it over affected space day by day. It cures the issue.
- Pores and skin Illnesses: Dry Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Crush them. Add any service oil. Apply it over affected space twice a day.
- Styptic: Make a paste of floor Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds by including water. Apply it over affected space. It prevents the styptic.
- Purgative: Grind dried Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Have 2 pinches with water. It’s a good purgative.
- Constipation: Fry leaves of Caesalpinia Bonduc in Clarified Butter. Eat Three g of it thrice a day.
- Diarrhea: Take quarter tsp seed powder of Caesalpinia Bonduc with a cup of lukewarm Milk. Have it twice a day.
- Joint ache: Use Caesalpinia Bonduc seed oil for therapeutic massage over painful joints.
- Irritation: Bandage leaves of Caesalpinia Bonduc over infected areas.
- Fever: Take 100 g Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds with 15 g Aconitum Heterophyllum seeds. Powder them. Take quarter teaspoon of the powder with similar amount of Sugar. Have it twice a day.
- Fever: If Fever is because of Malaria then do this treatment: Take roasted seeds of Caesalpinia Bonduc with similar amount of Lengthy Pepper. Grind them to make powder. Take quarter teaspoon of it with one teaspoon Honey. Have it twice a day.
- Malaria: Combine seed powder of each Caesalpinia Bonduc and Black Pepper in 2:1 ratio. Take Four g twice a day.
- Orchitis: Take dry Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Grind them. Add Castor oil to make paste. Apply it over affected space and cowl. Do it as soon as a day.
- Hydrocele: Grind Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds. Combine Castor oil to make a thick paste. Apply it over affected half. Do it commonly.
- Malaria: Take equal amount of Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds and Black Pepper. Grind them collectively. Have 2 pinches with water as soon as a day.
- Expectorant: Grind Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds and Lengthy Pepper in equal amount. Take 1/Four teaspoon with Honey in morning for Three days.
- Gum Illnesses: Take 2 gm. every of Caesalpinia Bonduc seeds, areca nuts and alum. Burn them. Crush them. Add little water and apply it over affected space.
- Fever: Take Caesalpinia Bonduc kernel and black pepper in equal quantity. Grind them collectively. (Dosage: 5 gram by adults or 2 gm. by youngsters)
- Prostate enlargement: Take half teaspoon every of Tribulus Terrestris, Caesalpinia bonducella, Areca Catechu, Asparagus Recemosus, Crataeva Nurvala and Agate Gemstone. Take them every day after meals for 3 months. OR Purchase capsules containing all of the above herbs. Take 1 pill 2 occasions a day, day by day after meals. OR Purchase Mom – Tincture from a Homeopathic Store of the above herbs. Begins with Three drops of every herb, if it fits then improve the dosage accordingly.
- Seeds of this species are discovered washed up on seashores all through the world.
- Seeds are extensively used as beads for necklaces, bracelets, rosaries and so forth. in numerous locations.
- Seeds are typically utilized by Indian youngsters as marbles.
- Oil pressed from the seeds has been used to take away freckles from the face, as a beauty, and to cease discharges from ears.
- Bonduc nut is planted as a stay fence in Sierra Leone and Ethiopia.
- Seeds are additionally used as weights and as counters in board video games.
- Oil obtained from the seed is utilized in beauty preparations.
- Don’t use greater than prescribed dose. Taking extra medicine won’t enhance your signs; slightly they could trigger poisoning or critical side-effects.
- Caesalpinia bonduc must be used with warning for utilizing this herb in giant doses might show to be poisonous.
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=1447993451926362&version=v2.3”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));